06th May 2018
Vitamin B6, C, beta carotene, fiber
- Red pepper is one of the best sources of Vitamin C, making it crucial for the immune function.
- The fiber content helps protect the body against disease and prevents build-up of cholesterol.
- The high levels of beta-carotene have anti-viral properties.
Green and yellow peppers have similar levels of Vitamin C, but the beta-carotene content is less compared to that of red peppers
You really feel alive and exhilarated when you run. The adrenalin rush that you experience can almost be an addiction. Running is an excellent way to feel energized, both physically and mentally.
Did you know that running a mile burns about 100 calories? It is one of the best and fastest ways to burn calories and shape-up.
Runner’s worldmagazine lists the primary benefits of running:
- Running for 30 minutes a day, three to four days a week, greatly increases the body’s stamina and level of fitness.
- It is excellent for the heart. After a few months of running, the walls of the heart thicken and the ventricles increase in size. This leads to greater cardiovascular efficiency and the risk of heart attack is decreased by 40 percent.
- It makes you feel alive and invigorates your entire being.
- It encourages weight loss, shapes and tones the legs and butt.
If you are not a runner, you should start gradually and progress slowly into a running program. You can start by building up to a brisk 30-minute walk. When that becomes easy, try alternating 1 minute of jogging with every 5 minutes of walking. Gradually replace more of the walk with a jog. Slowly increase the speed of the jog so that it becomes a run.
Once you have established a running base, vary your running options to improve your speed, stamina and strength.
If you prefer working out indoors, treadmills are great machines to run on, or else you could run on running trails, in the park, on hills or on the beach.
You see things as they are and say, “why?” but I dream of things as they never were and say, “why not?”
– George Bernard Shaw
The people who get on in this world are those who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, they make them.
– George Bernard Shaw
Banish restless thoughts. Prove that you are the conqueror, not the slave of the restless mind and body.