05th May 2018
Vitamin B3, C, beta-carotene, fiber.
- The kiwi fruit contains more Vitamin C than oranges, and it is an excellent immunity booster.
- Unlike many other fruits, the nutrients remain intact long after harvesting, with 90 percent of the Vitamin C content still present after six months of storage.
- It contains fiber, which is required for an efficient digestive system and a healthy heart.
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and quartered
- 1-tablespoon honey
- 1-cup yogurt
Method:Â Bend in a blender.
This is a Japanese art of self-defense. Karate means â€œempty handsâ€™, which refers to using no weapons. You strike with your feet, knees, elbows and hands. Karate emphasizes a solid stance and footing, so punching and striking are used more often than kicking.
Karate is a martial art that works on every aspect of the being. It is more than just an exercise routine; it represents an ancient philosophy that involves tradition, honour, and respect.
This Chinese martial art is similar to karate. Kung fu entails various forms of fighting that include using fists, weapons, kicking, hitting, throwing and holding. Kung fu is one of the earliest and longest surviving sports.
Kickboxing is similar to boxing; in order to excel in the sport of kickboxing, you need to practice sport-specific techniques that work in the ring. You need to learn effective ways to punch, block and kick â€“ for this skill, speed, stamina and strength are necessary to improve athletic performance.
Combine the â€˜kataâ€™ of karate with the kicking techniques of taekwondo, add the punching movements and swift footwork used in boxing and then mix all these moves to music. And what have you got? Cardio kickboxing.
Unlike a traditional martial arts routine, this workout combines some elements of martial arts along with cardiovascular exercise making it a high-intensity workout.
Cardio kickboxing can be contact or non-contact exercise session. It involves kicking and punching moves. This workout needs great coordination and power to keep up with the fast changing drills and routines. As the routine picks up speed, the heart rate rises and the workout becomes cardiovascular.
Benefits at a glance
- Burns fat
- Builds muscle
- Builds aerobic stamina
- Improves coordination
- A great stress buster
The low-carbohydrate and high-protein diets (such as the Atkins diet) that rely on ketosis for weight loss are called ketogenic diets. Ketosis is a metabolic disorder in which ketone bodies are at high levels in the blood, body tissues and urine.
A diet craze that is booming – the media, television, books, commercials justify reasons for dropping carbohydrates from the diet. These diets are a backlash against established nutritional wisdom. Why forgo heart-healthy carbs such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains and substitute it with protein and more protein?
Ketosis refers to the process of conversion; and ketones are acids released from metabolizing fats. During ketosis, the body switches from using glucose for energy (when insufficient carbohydrates are available) to metabolizing fat. Fatty acids are then released into the bloodstream and converted to ketones.
Ketosis can lead to increase in uric acid â€“ this is a risk factor for gout and kidney disorders.
What are the dangers of ketogenic diets?
The state of deliberately inducing ketosis can lead to muscle breakdown, dehydration, headaches and kidney problems. Pregnant women and people suffering from a kidney or liver disease should never experiment with such diets.
A well-balanced food plan helps maintain the metabolism at a higher rate. Omitting a complete food group from your diet for prolonged periods could play havoc with the bodyâ€™s metabolism and also result in severe health problems.
- You body needs proper nourishment. Looking healthy, feeling energized and active are related to balanced and sensible eating habits.
- Eating gives you the â€œstaying powerâ€ to lose weight successfully. Feeling deprived and starved does not.
- Only when your food intake is adequate, it is possible for you to have energy to burn calories through exercise.
The main reason your metabolism slows down is lack of exercise and improper food habits. Here are some effective ways to kick-start your metabolism.
- Build muscle by adding resistance-training exercises to your workout.
- Include cardiovascular exercises. Metabolic process can increase up to 25 percent for six to eight hours after a vigorous aerobic session.
- Resist yo-yo dieting. Instead commit to eating regular, well-balanced meals.
- Lead an active life. Keep your body and mind active to avoid lethargy from setting into your routine.
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
– By Lao-Tse
Kindness gives birth to kindness.
– By Sophocles