QUALITY OF LIFE
- Focus on living a quality life. Accept yourself today. Allow yourself to grow and keep moving forward.
- Accept realities. Come to terms with your body, and its genetic frame. Then do your best to get to your optimal size and shape.
- Refrain from judging others by appearance. The less you judge others by the way they look, the less you will be judged by others.
- Crash dieting is the flipside of binge eating. You can do without both in your life.
- Write what you eat. Be honest about your eating pattern. Only then can you decide on constructive changes.
- Lighten up. Learn to let go and smile about mistakes youâ€™ve made. Life is too shortâ€¦
- When you eat dessert share it. Pleasure is best when it is shared.
- Stop comparing yourself to anybody. Comparing is a game nobody wins. Do your best and forget the rest.
- Discover yoga. It improves the state of mind and body and it nourishes the soul.
- Develop your mind and your talents. Laugh, enjoy and love life.
- Include a spiritual component in your life.
- Get good nightâ€™s sleep.
QUESTIONNAIRE TO EVALUATE YOUR LIFESTYLE
- Do you start exercise programs but are unable to stick to them?
- Do you set aside time to exercise at least thrice a week?
- Are you working towards changing your weight to an optimal level?
- Do you make healthier food choices?
- Do you skip breakfast?
- Is you dinner the largest meal of the day?
- Do you find ways to deal with stress?
- Do you make time to relax and unwind?
If you have answered â€˜noâ€™ to any of the questions above, it is a good idea to incorporate changes — ones you can handle to improve the quality of your lifestyle. In time you will find that your energy levels, productivity, ability to deal with stress will improve. Also, you will look and feel better.
Good health is all about making changes in your lifestyle and attitude and practicing them until they become habits. It is not always easy and you need to take small steps rather than one giant leap.Fill in the blanks of this lifestyle goal implementation plan. Stay Committed to achieving goals. And you will be amazed at the difference it will make to your life!
LIFE STYLE AND GOAL IMPLEMENTATION PLAN (3-MONTHS):
My exercise goals/ choices are: —————
I will exercise —- minutes, ——- times a week
My target weight is ———
In 4 weeks I will weigh ——–
In 8 weeks I will weigh ——
In 12 weeks I will weigh —–
To make healthier and lighter food choices I will add/ subtract ——- to my diet
Substitute ———- for ————
Limit———— to ————
To better manage stress I will ————– when I am feeling on the edge.
People who I can ask for support are ————-
Additional goals (sleep, relaxation, caffeine, smokingâ€¦.)
Potential obstacles are———– the solution is ———–
I will evaluate my progress on ———–
(Based on this evaluation add newer goals, modify old ones and get back on track to improving your lifestyle.)
DID YOU KNOW?
- Just a 30-minute walking session of approximately 2-miles each week can reduce the risk of heart attack by more than 25 percent.
- There is a direct association between an inactive lifestyle and chronic disease, increased risk of stroke, diabetes, respiratory disease, heart disease and obesity.
- The small changes you make add up to a big difference. For instance, walking an extra 15-minutes a day gives an addition of nearly two hours of exercise each week.
- When you are stressed, exercise will improve your mood. Exercise triggers the release of endorphins, which are hormones that produce a sense of well-being and reduce stress.
- Skipping meals can lead to out-of-control hunger, and can often result in over-eating and weight gain.
If you refuse to accept anything but the best out of life, you very often get it.
– Somerset Maugham
When faced with a challenge, look for a way, not a way out.
– David Weatherford
You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.
– Mary Morrisey
Because of its tiny wings and heavy body, the bumblebee shouldnâ€™t be able to fly.
But the bumblebee doesnâ€™t know that, so it flies anyway.
One of the simplest things about the facts of life is that to get where you want to go, you must keep on keeping on.
– Norman Vincent Peale
When you are quiet within, only then you can hear the murmur of the brooks, the song of the nightingale, the beat of ocean waves and the voice of the soulâ€¦