06th May 2018
Vitamins B2, B12, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, bacteria cultures
- Yogurt contains health-boosting bacteria, which helps the body fight infections and restore balance.
- It stimulates the production of anti-viral agents, which enhances the bodyâ€™s immune response and helps prevent cancer.
- It is an excellent source of calcium â€“ often, those who are intolerant to milk can tolerate yogurt.
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- Â½ apple finely chopped
- 1-tablespoon honey
- Mix the ingredients. Serve.
Vitamin B1, beta-carotene, fiber
Did you know?
- Yams come in yellow, white and purple varieties â€“ the yellow one is especially rich in beta-carotene. This is needed by the body to produce Vitamin A, which is vital for strengthening cell membranes and assisting the body in dealing with stress.
- They are very high in fiber and enhance the functioning of the digestive system.
- The Vitamin B1 helps boost the energy levels and enhances the immunity levels.
It is the repeated process of weight loss followed by weight gain.
Some studies show that repeated loses and gains in weight can decrease the bodyâ€™s muscles mass, slow down the metabolic rate and also increase blood pressure. The constant yo-yoing of weight can also have a negative psychological effect if you get discouraged.
Weight gain is a time to refocus on making long-term changes in your diet and physical activity levels. Make gradual changes, ones that you can handle so that so that they become a part of your lifestyle.
No. It is important to keep on trying. It can take several attempts before you are successful with losing weight and keeping it off. But if the diet is drastic or changes that you are required to make are radical, then chances of dropout are high.
- Choose a lifestyle that combines sensible eating with regular physical activity.
- Eat enjoyable and nutritious foods.
- Avoid large meals.
- Donâ€™t eliminate, moderate.
- Sit down and eat slowly.
- Learn to differentiate between hunger and craving.
- Donâ€™t overeat if you are stressed out.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
There are many different styles of yoga being practiced today. Here is a quick guide to some of the popular styles:
Hatha is a general term that can encompass many styles of yoga. It is generally slow-paced and gentle, and develops a foundation of basic yogaÂ asanas.
Ashtanga or power yoga is an intense, fast-paced yoga style. It is physically demanding and involves constant flow of movement from one pose to the next.
Iyengar practice usually emphasizes holding poses for a longer duration versus quick movements from one pose into another. This style also encourages the use of props, such as blocks and straps in order to bring the body into alignment.
Pioneered by Bikram Choudhary, this style is referred to as hot yoga. It is practiced in a heated room, which induces profuse sweating and loosening of tight muscles.
The emphasis inÂ kundaliniÂ is to awaken theÂ chakrasÂ through chanting, meditation,Â pranayamaÂ orÂ asanas.Â The purpose is to awaken the energy channels in the lower body and allow the flow of energy to move upwards to the higher spiritual centres.
In Chinese philosophy, the passive feminine principle is referred to as yin; and the active, masculine principle is called yang. Yin and yang are opposite forces.
Yin is present on left side of the body and is represented by shadow or the moon; yang is present on the right side of the body and is represented by light or the sun.
The flow of energy depends on the balance of the two complementary yet opposing forces: yin and yang. According to eastern philosophies, health and well being depend on the balance of vital energies in the body. When the forces are imbalanced due to stress, poor diet or lifestyle habits, the flow of energy is blocked resulting in illness.
Eastern philosophy and science believe in rebalancing energy channels to eliminate disease. Some of the methods are:
- Tai chi
Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind. You are as old as your doubts, your fears and your despairs. The way to be young is to keep your faith young. Keep your self-confidence young. Keep your hopes young.
– Luella Phean