WHAT IS IT?
Detoxification is a metabolic process by which the toxic qualities of a poison or toxin are reduced from the body.
The human body becomes toxic or polluted from both external as well as internal sources. Detoxification is a widely used treatment in alternative medicine.
THE PRINCIPLE BEHIND IT
It is based on the principle that illnesses can be caused by the accumulation of toxins in the body. Both eliminating existing toxins and avoiding new toxins are essential for the healing process. Detoxification can be used as a beneficial preventive measure and as a tool to increase overall health and vitality.
CULPRITS OF TOXICITY
- Air pollution
- Chemical residues on food- e.g.- pesticides on fruits, water
- Absorption of chemicals from synthetic fabrics, paints, plastics
- Irradiation from medical x-rays, cell phones and computer monitors
- Fermentation, putrefaction, and rancidity from undigested foods
Detoxification helps people who suffer from
- Allergies, anxiety, arthritis, asthma
- Depression, diabetes
- Headaches, heart disease
- High cholesterol, low blood sugar levels
- Digestive disorders, mental illness
The different ways to detoxify are massage, healthy diet, mediation and stress release techniques.
7-DAY EASY TO FOLLOW DETOX PLAN
Remember to consult your doctor before starting this detox plan.
Note: It is essential to drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday, during these 7 days to aid elimination.
Day 1 and 2 : fruits and uncooked vegetables; add 3 bowls of vegetable soup
Eat any of two fruits every three hours – apple, orange, grapefruit, pomegranate, melon.
Lunch and dinner should consist of a bowl of salad comprising tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, grated carrot, spinach. You can add a pinch of salt, pepper and lemon juice for salad dressing.
Ingredients: pumpkin, carrot, cauliflower, celery, any green vegetables
Method: Steam veggies. Add water and blend the veggies in a blender. Heat olive oil (half a tea-spoon for the entire day) in a pan, and then add vegetables and seasonings of your choice (coriander/ pepper/ thyme/ any herbs).
Have a bowl of soup thrice a day– morning, noon and night.
DAYS 3, 4 AND 5: ADD 2 BOILED / BAKED POTATOES AND COOKED VEGETABLES
- For cooked vegetables — use only one-teaspoon olive oil.
- Eat any vegetables of your choice, except potatoes.
- Eat one bowl of cooked vegetables mid-morning, noon and night
- You can substitute vegetables soup with cooked vegetables or consume both; depending on your preference.
- The 2 potatoes can be consumed any time during the day.
DAYS 6 AND 7: ADD 4 CHAPATTIS
Add 2 chapattis without oil / butter or ghee for lunch and dinner.
Note: It is essential to add more foods gradually, when you get back to regular eating habits. The transition should be planned carefully to avoid any discomfort or damage.
LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You must be logged in to post a comment.