12th Mar 2018
1. FIRST, FIGURE OUT WHAT STRESSES YOU BY ASKING YOURSELF A FEW QUESTIONS
- What do I worry about most?
- Is something constantly on my mind?
- Does anything in particular make me sad or depressed?
2. SPEAK TO SOMEONE YOU TRUST
(friend, family member, neighbour).Often, just talking to a friend or loved one is all that is needed to relieve anxiety.You can speak to psychologists and other mental health professionals if you need therapy and medication.
3. TRY FINDING HEALTHY WAYS TO COPE WITH STRESS
- Eat a well-balanced, healthy diet.
- Don’t overeat.
- Get enough sleep.
- Exercise regularly.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol.
- Don’t use nicotine, cocaine, or other recreational drugs.
- Learn and practice relaxation techniques like progressive muscle relaxation, yoga, tai chi, or meditation.
- Take breaks from work.
- Make sure to balance fun activities with your responsibilities.
- Travel with someone whose company you enjoy.
- Listen to music that you really enjoy.
THE LAUGHING TRICK
Laugh, Laugh and Laugh. Here’s what laughter does:
- Reduces stress hormones
- Cleanses the lungs and body tissues of accumulated stale air
- Produces a general sense of well-being.