12th Mar 2018
Is your resolve to get rid of those extra pounds sinking fast?
What should you do?
Where do those extra pounds come from?
Read the following 10 statements, think carefully and then answer honestly whether the statement applies to you or not.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF
â€¢ I follow strict diets and give up after a few days.
â€¢ I have no time to eat breakfast.
â€¢ I am too busy to exercise.
â€¢ I canâ€™t resist temptation.
â€¢ I stress eat most of the time.
â€¢ I donâ€™t like the way I look.
â€¢ Low calorie foods are so uninteresting.
â€¢ I canâ€™t control my appetite.
â€¢ I eat when I am bored.
â€¢ I feel bad to say â€œnoâ€ to anything I am served when I am invited out.
If youâ€™ve answered â€œNoâ€ to at least 7 of them, then you are still on your way to looking and feeling fit, fab and in control.
Read these tips that suggest a new way of thinking. Choose 5 of them, follow them faithfully for a week, and then add another 5 the following week. This way in four weeks you will gradually incorporate changes to lose weight and to keep it off.
Habits of a lifetime canâ€™t be overturned in a week. Small changes are easier to handle than a complete diet and exercise overhaul. Make changes gradually so that your mind and body can handle them.
The most important thing to do is to review your mindset, lifestyle and relearn how to rekindle your natural appetite. Now use these 20-super slimming tips to help you get to your goal.
SUPER SLIMMING TIPS
- Think thin: Think yourself fit and in shape. Positive thought has amazing results! When positive thinking penetrates your mind it helps you attain your goal instead of putting spokes in the wheel of success.
- When tempted to indulge, go brush your teeth: When your mind is about to give in to temptation, go brush your teeth. It works wonders and your craving would have passed.
- Sip soup for super slimming: Make yourself a soup of mixed veggies, greens or lentil. Soup is naturally filling and nourishing, eat it before mealtimes to decrease your overall calorie intake.
- Never finish the leftovers: Donâ€™t treat each meal, as if it is your last supper. Refrigerate or distribute leftovers. Ask naturally slim people what they eat and you will get a consistent answer. They eat when they are hungry and stop when they have had enough.
- Fuel right: If you want a sense of well-being and energy, fuel your body right so that it performs well. The body has an internal clock and the metabolism is regulated by regular cycles. If you learn to respect these cycles slimming will be easier.
- Never shop for food when you are hungry: The surest way of going off your diet is to go to the supermarket when you are hungry. You will be tempted by the goodies available. Eat before you shop. Filling your trolley with indulgences is likely to happen on an empty stomach.
- Learn the art of savoring food: If you eat slowly youâ€™ll savor your food and relish your meal. Eating slowly not only helps to digest food better, but also prevents overeating.
- Be assertive: Be firm with yourself. When you are about to give in to a craving, be assertive and let your mind obey.
- Plan ahead: Do you tend to eat when you are bored or feeling low? Plan ahead. Think of a new stimulation, a new goal or a new sense of achievement.
- For fast fat burning, pick up a pair of weights: Weight training builds muscle and raises your metabolism. Weight train thrice a week and do cardiovascular exercises the other three days to burn calories.
- Separate food from television: You tend to eat mindlessly when you watch television. Whether it is junk or health food that you eat, you should always be fully aware of what and how much goes into your system.
- Make smart food choices: Eat nutritious foods. Choose wholesome foods instead of packaged, refined foods. Be creative in your choices so that the food you eat is tasty as well as low in calories.
- Eat fiber: Fiber fills you up and helps you lose weight. Good choices are veggies, fruits, whole grain cereals, unpolished rice and whole grain bread.
- Keep an apple with you always: You cannot predict hunger so always make sure you have a healthy snack accessible.
- Take exercise breaks: Take exercise breaks, regularly. You could stretch mid-morning, or take a walk at lunchtime, or climb up and down stairs when you are stressed.
- Think before you drink: When you drink, know you are consuming empty calories. If you wish to drink occasionally, add some more exercise that day.
- Hydrate yourself: Drink at least eight glasses of water a day. Also eat high water content foods that will help you lose weight. Examples are watermelon, oranges, pineapples, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Take pride in your effort: Feel good about the effort you make. Never say, â€œIâ€™ve started to exercise, but so far I have lost only two poundsâ€, instead say, â€œI feel great after losing two pounds, now I am inspired to continue exercisingâ€.
- Find an exercise trainer or a workout buddy: Find someone who will inspire, motivate and encourage you to workout regularly.
- Schedule â€œworkoutâ€ in your daily planner: Make exercise an important commitment and write it down in your planner so that you are more likely to keep the â€œappointmentâ€. It is also a good idea to keep tabs on your workout progress so that you are motivated to continue exercising.